Friday, March 15, 2013

Scientist are snobs?


A great friend of mine has suggested that I read the article Lab life: Scientists are snobs. I have read it and I agree with a lot of what is written. I am European, so instead of states which are less funded, we have countries which are less funded than others, because these big labs are indeed in only some of these countries. Coming from a less funded country and lab, I actually always have a good amount of people in my posters, but I rarely get citations to my work... And I have to confess that at conferences, my first priority is to see all presentations and posters from my specific field and only after I go for the big lab names... And do supervisors have more time in small labs? Actually I think it depends on the supervisor...

What are your views on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment